Janta Curfew and Social isolation. Here’s what you should do.
Fitterfly - Team Nutrition
- Posted On March 21, 2020
Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures. Prime Minister Narendra Modi asked the citizens of our country to go into a voluntary lockdown on Sunday 22nd March for 14 hours from 7AM to 9PM, with an aim to instil in people a message of social distancing.
As responsible citizens we should all adhere to the call and contribute in the fight against novel coronavirus.
It is normal to feel stressed or scared during a crisis, especially if you are forced to stay indoors. It can take a toll on your physical and mental health. Here’s what you should do to make the most out of social isolation in this time of crisis.
- Start your day by preparing fresh turmeric amla water. Boil and cool water, add grated fresh turmeric and amla. Allow the concoction to stay put for a while. Strain and enjoy the drink all day. Immunity does not build in a day but now is a good time to start! Also, it will keep you hydrated.
- It is easy to snack on refined, packaged stuff when you are home, do try to avoid that by choosing healthier options like fresh fruits, roasted chana, makhana, nuts etc. Cut various fruits and nuts and let everyone in the family make their own version of fruit bowls.
- Include the family in preparing healthy meals. Let kids help in sorting veggies, pealing green peas, setting up table etc. Have a salad making competition using onions, tomatoes, carrots, cabbage, corn and whatever other vegetables you have available at home. Use this time as an opportunity for family bonding.
- Make time for some physical activity. Take advantage of the wealth of online exercise and dance tutorial videos on YouTube.
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
- Take care of your mental health. Spend 10-15 minutes to take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate. Make time to unwind. Watch a movie, listen to your favourite music, or declutter your home.
- A lot of information - some of it wrong or only partly correct - is circulating about the new coronavirus. Use credible sources only to obtain up-to-date, scientific information about the illness and how to prevent it.
Prepare, don’t panic. Don’t let fear control your life. We are all in this together, and together we shall overcome.
Fitterfly is a wellness company run by doctors, nutritionists and wellness experts with an aim to empower people with knowledge and tools for good health. We use personalized technology for everyday wellness. Our qualified Coaches at Fitterfly provide detailed customized guidance according to your age, health condition, and personal preferences. To know more, download and use ‘Fitterfly Wellness’ app from play store or app store or write to us at email@example.com or just call us at +917045065225